Sunday 30 November 2008

We're not so doomed after all

It's getting near to Christmas. Tomorrow will be the 1st of December. Time to get out the tinsel, dress up your gnomes like Santa, and listen to that music that's only acceptable for 25 days of the year.

But in the palarva that surrounds Christmas, the real message is often lost. Sure, it's fun to get a really expensive watch or ironing board cover, but the whole message of love and peace are almost forgotten. These last so much longer than your ordinary Duracell-battery operated video game.

No saying that we shouldn't do the whole present thing, but over the next month why not look deeper inside yourself? You might find that when you're surrounded by your friends, people who are very close to you, you get filled with an emotion that makes you feel powerful, crazy, reckless, confident, brave, and a whole host of other things that we normally just take for granted. It's a marvellous feeling, indescribable, and I don't know why I'm trying in that case but it's a bloody fantastic feeling.

And it's one thing to feel it yourself, but then to see others around you who are obviously feeling the same thing makes my heart sing with joy. In a world where the media paints a portrait of everyone out for themselves, where a person might stab another on a whim, to see people totally oblivious to this as they look into their lover's eyes or as they kick back with friends they've had since time began is fantastic. Hate may dominate, but love always rises above it.

What touches me even more is to see two oldies, in their 70s or older, holding hands, holding each other, seeing that through their whole long lives, throughout wars, troubles and the odd economic depression, their love has not diminished in the slightest, fills me with real hope. it's always a constant, it cannot die and whatever evil befalls Humanity it always raises us from the ashes.

I know it seems like I'm rambling (again) but next time you're feeling blue, like you're alone and noone appreciates or understands you, think, think of all those you hold dear to you, how much they mean to you and how much they love you, and you should feel much better. Because with your friends and loved ones behind you nothing can keep you down.

Motherfros, I've taken up too much of your time, so until next time, peace and love to y'all x

4 comments:

PsychoPete said...

I hate Christmas.
It just panic at my house, everyone falls out and you're surrounded by bright colours, overstated decorations and flashing lights telling you that youre being a miserable bugger.
It means i dont get to see my friends,or sunlight due to my nocturnal behaviour.
I just generally take the time to eat excessive amounts of food, spend excessive amounts of time infront of a screen and sleep at silly times.
And this year we have the added benefit of revision :D

Im glad other people find happiness in it, i just cant seem to find it myself, all seems a bit... shallow.

Yes, i am one of those moods.

Unknown said...

I also hate Christmas.
No celebrations at the purohit home, and why would there be? xmas is an incredibly boring and lonely day, everyone is off with their families and nothing is open. It only fills me with envy and resent looking at those having a good time. I'm pretty much scrooge, except poor.

PsychoPete said...

Amen Kavi!
I was waiting for someone to come and tell me off :P

Flame said...

Plus, I'd imagine you're Hindu. ;)