Tuesday 16 September 2008

Crossdressers are to Skirts as Chavs are to...

Tracksuits! Dear me but do I hate those things! I tend to look down upon a lot of things but I think these take the proverbial biscuit. All these people, sporting them as if they're the latest in fashion, but for God's sake they look ridiculous! They're baggy, dreary, and all too often falling down the weaer's legs. Just the sight of this makes me want to laugh and weep in equal measure.

Having said that, I am guilty of owning a tracksuit. They are terribly useful when one doesn't want to go through the effort of doing up buttons and zips and belts. Unfortunately I was just spotted wearing one outside by someone I know, so I hope they won't judge me too harshly.

Another day at school, another box of stolen pens. To ring true to Kavi's description of "The Music Lot", Emdon's lesson once again held no educational value (I think actually may have lost a few brain cells during that two and a half hours). It may all pay off, who knows?

Looks like even more banks are dying now. According to Emdon, "we're screwed". I disagree; obviously things are bleak at the moment but the press loves to scaremonger- it's how they make a living. As long as we ride out the storm we'll be fine. I mean, look at the Wall Street Crash of 1929; we recovered from that after time. Okay, yes, it can be argued that World War Two came indirectly out of these ashes, but ignoring that, life should be back to normal in the next couple of years. We'll be laughing about it over our over-priced drinks and on the phone as we (illegally) drive our sports cars around the M25.

And if the Germans do start kicking up a fuss, we can go for the hat-trick.

2 comments:

jhenderson said...

...again? One hell of an ego you have alright, thinking you can actually write something interestingly. Thanks for wasting 10 minutes of my life. And who's that wanker who said your first post was witty? Dull as ditchwater, complaining about other peoples hobbies is cheap and nasty. Just because you don't like F1 doesn't mean nobody else should enjoy it. Selfish or conceited, some would call it.

Unknown said...

It's always good to see a quote from Kavi's "Social Anaylysis of the Quad". Track suits are definitely disgusting and you SHOULD be ashamed to own one. It is quite easy to imagine a hat-trick over the Germans, considering the restrictions placed upon them from the Second World War are still in place!!