Wednesday 7 January 2009

It's that time of year again...

No, it's not Christmas again, unfortunately. It's my BIRTHDAY (well, tomorrow it will be). So if you guys are planning a surprise... make it good.

I'll act surprised, honest.

Ray Charles, now isn't he one of the finest musicians you've ever heard? You've never heard him?! Buy a record man (or woman) because he is every bit as amazing as I say he is. Old school R&B, he preaches the blues like it is, brother. Sorry, I'm listening to him as I write, his music is hypnotising me into writing this. Seriously though, listen to him.

He didn't have the easiest of starts. Always an outstanding musician of course, but being blind he was taken advantage of. Then, as all big names do, he went to drugs, and for the first part of his life and career it seriously messed him up. DON'T DO DRUGS KIDS!!!!!

I haven't been able to sleep properly over the last week or so, I reckon it's due to exam stress, but my mum reckons I should take some sleeping medicine. I want the sleep but I just don't like the idea of having to drug myself to sleep of a night. It just doesn't seem right.

You know what else isn't right? Humanity. It is consumed in selfishness and greed, why else would the world be in the shithole it is now?

Wow, I really do sound like a teenager, doomsaying like this.

But tomorrow, I'll be a MAN! Because I'll be 18! Because it's my FRIGGIN BRITHDAY!

Do you like how I made a nice link back to the beginning there?

An anaphoric reference for all you grammar geeks out there.

And an aliteration of "G".

"G"... has so many different contexts nowadays. It is the 7th letter of the alphabet, it's a slang term of address, it's the first letter of my name, and also the first letter of the word "great". Coincidence? I think not...

Gee whizz, I have gone on a lot today. Interesting where a train of thought will bring you isn't it? To all you crazy cats out there, goodbye, farewell, and get the fuck off my property!

No, really.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow wt an insight into the mind of george:D dnt get sukkd into the whole being 18 hype, it just makes u feel like ur old:( and i say ray the movie, i dnt like ray charles...he lives up to the stereotype, he has hoes, dpes drugs and cant read...

thew said...

ray charles is pretty good :) i got into his stuff after seeing the film 'ray'. coincidentally he has EXACTLY the same story as johnny cash. dirt poor background, brother dies in a nasty accident, haunts him for years, gets band, gets wife, gets kids, gets famous, gets money, gets drugs, gets another woman, loses fame a bit, loses family a bit, tries to get off drugs, gets off drugs. the end :) wow johnny cash. he's immense. better than ray charles... peter back me up here! and you know what drugs johnny cash got addicted to? SLEEPING PILLS!!!!! dont do it george!!! please dont!!!!!!!!! magnarffffwirgrajgve;aetvgwjvbeafgvas

:) x

PsychoPete said...

HIS NAME WAS CALLED, AND THUS HE APPEARED.
*ahem*

Ray Charles < Johnny Cash
By no means does that demean Ray though :D

Sleeping pills? Pussy. :P
What do you need sleep for? :P
(And I was going to make a Fight Club reference there but it would ruin the story :P)
You can talk to me instead! *manic grin* :D