Tuesday 20 January 2009

Diversity

Something that's become somewhat of a questionmark at our school recently. I saw in the music corridor posters saying how wonderful it is that our school is so diverse, and beside it lots of A4 sheets with different languages on it. But surely these "minorities" are in the majority now? Shouldn't my language be celebrated? Well I suppose it is because a lot of it was in English but that is not the point dear friends!

Now that my BNP advertising is up, how are things with you? Things are certainly looking good for me, I've just had a great weekend with my mates, I'm 18 (woop!) and my exams in January are due to come to an end on Thursday, albeit after a gruelling two hours of English. That ought to be fun, but then I'm going up to Cambridge to visit butteries and discuss whether it's better to be gay or not. I'm still in two minds myself...

Then almost as soon as we get back to school we're off again on half-term breaks! And I don't know if Valentine's Day is during it but it's always a fun run up to it, until you realise you really do have no chance at securing a hot date. But we always say it'll be different next year, so here's hoping...

Who else thinks the new Killers album is abit of the same as in the previous two albums? Thought so, it's wearing a bit thin now, much prefer Hot Fuss.

Well it's an uneventful week, I'm out of anything interesting to say. Goodnight.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ethnic minorities are only a majority in our school. outside of ichs is a country of racists..(tories). killers songs have always sounded the same to me, just like oasis songs. but who am i to complain, i dnt even pay for music.

Flame said...

:O! That mouth is a capital O my friend...how could you say such things?! English of course is celebrated, there's a whole subject for it where you can learn about the witterings of Shakespeare et al. Not to mention the fact that we are incredibly fortunate that English is spoken by 95% of the world in varying degrees of fluency in some form or another.

And I like the Killers! They have some good songs, but yes, this album is quite samey. Not quite as drastic as Keane have been.

Wategwann said...

u take the pieces of the dreams that have....8-)