Wednesday 24 June 2009

The morning after...

Well, that was one hell of a night! The Ilford/Woodford prom went off with great success, I think. I certainly had fun (as you would have gussed seeing me boogie down on the dancefloor).

To call it dancing would be kind. I might compare it to epilepsy, but that would probably offend someone. Needless to say, it was appalling.

However, the prom was only part of the fun that Kate and I shared in. As a treat for both of us, my dad booked a room at the hotel itself! (It makes me sound like a spoiled child, I know, but this is a very rare thing.) However, when we got there, it turned out I needed my dad's credit card, as he had booked through a third party booking site and as such, the payment had to be made at the hotel itself. Needless to say there was a great furore, resulting in a great deal of phonecalls and exasperation, but eventually we got our room. Not only that, but we got a complementary English Breakfast as way of saying sorry for all the difficulties! Result!

We went for a meal at the local Wetherspoons (I seriously recommend Wetherspoons, decent food for very reasonable prices, great stuff. Burger and beer is only £4.69 for example!) and danced the night away, after a great deal of make-up applying and hair-doing. Kate was getting rather imaptient by the time I'd finished!

Despite all the lovliness I had to rush back home to get to a rehearsal this morning which was quite frankly a waste of time. Having to abandon Kate to do this was definitely not worth it, but it's always good fun to see the guys, but this concert is so badly organised and so shite that I don't see how it can have any positive influence on me at all. I even have to miss the prom on the boat, which I was very much looking forward to...

I've said it before and I'll say it again: WHAT A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS!!!

Oh well, I must'nt complain, things always look bad before the good. And there is a LOT of good coming my way. I don't know how I shall contain my excitement.

Can't you just feel it?

2 comments:

thew said...

this post made me smile muchly, unlike kavi's last one (msh)

Wategwann said...

hmmm... prom ws quite lame in my opinion, but kate made it betr fro me too. ;) lolting