Friday 20 February 2009

Feelin' them post-holiday blues

God, the half-term is practically over, and I have gotten no work done! Goddammit I told myself I would! Now I'm going to have a hard slog when I get back to finish that damn History coursework.

Oh well, it's been a pretty good half term all in all, I've seen all my friends and had a good laugh (and almost died at the hands of a motion simulator. I'm SO doing that again!!) so I'm sad to have to go back to school, even if we only went back about two weeks ago. I'm not going to be picky...

Apparently the girl who was dressed in the Ann Summers nurse outfit complained to someone that I was perving on her. I think she should review the situation before complaining, really. Even a gay guy told me he would do that!

Speaking of teenage pregnancies, I read in a paper that a Catholic priest has given his outward support of those chavs having a baby at the ages of 13 and 15. He claims that "they chose not to have an avortion, which shows they obviously have a respect for life. For this I salute them." Hang on... doesn't the Catholic Church strictly say sex outside marriage is wrong? And surely from a purely human point of view, which is far less biased than the teachings of any church, allowing two very young children to have a baby is not only going to affect them but the poor kid they've brought into this world? Not including the message we get about certain parts of our society. The church, or any religion for that matter, should take on the role it did in 18th Century Russia: as far as I remember it was not involved in aspects of law, politics or culture, it was merely to maintain the spiritual wellbeing of the populace. If this were the case, we wouldn't have bizarre, contradictory statements coming out every so often, and you guys wouldn't have to read coffee fuelled rants about how crap religion/society/everyone else is compared to me.

So sayeth George, the first son of Kevin. At His right hand, and with the Holy Ghost of Christmas Past (and with a £5 contribution from everyone) we shall become your new gods, and we will all go to happier places. Like Australia.

Okay, my religion doesn't make much sense, but Scientology made it, and they believe they have psychic powers!

2 comments:

Wategwann said...

now now george, pointing out obvious contradictions in views held by the religious isn't nice. you should have been discussing why such an unimportant story has been distracting the nation from the issues that actually affect their lives..... but good 2 see u posting:)

Flame said...

Americanisms are slowly creeping into our language...sorry but I cringe at "gotten", it reminds me of those horrible pokemon voiceovers...grrr