Friday 27 March 2009

Poetry of Music

Below is a poem I constructed out of a load of titles of famous jazz pieces (so you won't have heard of them) but I hope it sort of makes sense and that you enjoy it.

All of you.
All the things you are.
Soft winds speak no evil.
So what?
My funny valentine, satin doll,
It’s de-lovely.
Easy to love, you’d be so nice to come home to.
They can’t take that away from me.
Nostalgia in Times Square, misty,
Alone together, all of me,
All of you.
Ev’ry time we say goodbye, for Heaven’s sake!
Footprints, impressions,
It’s alright with me.
Take the “A” train, Tuxedo Junction,
I’m beginning to see the light!
I got it bad, body and soul, night and day.
Come Sunday, Green Dolphin Street. Four.
Don’t get around much anymore, darn that dream!
Afternoon in Paris, autumn leaves, all of me,
All of you.

3 comments:

Wategwann said...

hmmmm... very post-modern? good stuff, good stuff;)

thew said...

you shouldn't have told us the secret to the poem! then i would've been like WOOOOW!. atm im just wow. =)

Anonymous said...

I’m ssssstalking you on Bloggggggger...
(Doesn’t have QUITE the same ring as the original, debatable, “song”, does it??)
GUESS WHOM? ;)
Incidentally, I’m thoroughly enjoying the Cromwell/Hitler parallels (but then, you’d know my secretest of shames, “Monsieur S”...). You may be a white and slightly nerdy conspiracy theorist, but an incredibly eloquent one. ;)